The “Green Grove” farm is a 1100 hectare property situated near Ardlethan, in the magnificent and fertile Riverina region of New South Wales. The farm has been owned by the Druce family since 1918.
In 1962, the current owner Alan Druce, became concerned about pollution in the food chain. He set about taking steps toward pure food production by eliminating harmful sprays, artificial fertilisers and other “modern day” farming practices designed to “enhance” farm production, becoming in the process one of the pioneers of organic farming in Australia.
This method of farming is based on the nurturing of the whole farm ecology, and treating it as an incredibly intricate, interdependent and fragile system that needs to be understood and cared for. The Green Grove logo, the hand, soil and grain, depicts farmers being caretakers of the ecology, to produce food.