Greenwood Orchards is located at Merrigum in the Goulburn Valley, about 170 km north of Melbourne. Henry Greenwood first established the orchard in 1906. During this time orchardists were using solely organic fertilisers such as manure. Management of the orchard was then conceded to Henry’s wife Rhoda during the 1920’s.
Rhoda continued to run the orchard until her son Farrendon (Farrie) took over during the World War II. During this time Farrie developed a fruit drying enterprise. Organic farming methods were used, despite the increasing introduction of artificial fertilisers.
Some of the fruit is processed into Biodynamic juices: pear, apple, and apple/pear. The juices have no additives and are pasteurised at the lowest possible temperature in order to retain the inherent nutritional quality of the fruit.